It’s National Small Business Week, and we’re celebrating by rounding up some of the best posts from our archives and combining it with posts from other websites we think you should see.
- 10 things NOT to do when starting your business If you’re just starting a small business, there are countless lists telling you what to do — but what shouldn’t you do? Guest blogger and Wave Pro Maggie Geiser shares the things you don’t need to worry about yet, and the things you’re better off not doing at all.
- How to make sure you don’t end up with a client from hell Your happiness as a freelancer is closely tied to the people you work with. Make sure you take on clients that won’t make you miserable.
- 7 SEO Trends Every Small Business Needs To Know SEO is one of the most important things to understand if you’re marketing a small business, but unfortunately it’s also one of the most complex. Forbes presents the basics to help you get started.
- Where can you find your business’s Brienne of Tarth? We love Game of Thrones, but there’s only a couple of characters we would ever want to meet. Learn how to find and hire the real-life versions.
- Saving Your Small Business Money If times are tight, don’t be afraid to cut back on costs where you can. These are some of the easiest ways to save your money.
- The Not So Small Business of Side Gigs If you support your freelancing or a small business with a day job, there might be more you need to know about doing your taxes. The details are at the link.
- Reality Check: Are You Ready to Own a Small Business? Last but not least, if this week has made you consider launching your own small business, make sure you’re ready before you put your plan into action.