We're constantly tweaking, polishing and improving Wave. Most of it happens behind the scenes, but we'll also let you know occasionally of enhancements that you may want to know more about.
This afternoon's release addressed about 40 small improvements, with a couple of noteworthy examples:
1. Faster loading for Imported TransactionsFor some customers, the Imported Transactions screen was slow to update when there were a lot of transactions involved. That experience should be better now.
2. Faster time-outs for security[caption id="attachment_1267" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Log out when finished for better security"][/caption]Wave will now log you out after 15 minutes of inactivity. Though we want it to be as easy as possible for you to get in and out of Wave, this was an important improvement to ensure your data remains safe. Regardless of the time-out feature, we still encourage you to manually log yourself out when you know you're finished using Wave for the moment. And of course, that goes triple if you're using a computer that is not your own private machine.
3. Improved FreshBooks integrationWe've improved the nightly download process, as well as the date interface where you select the range to be imported from FreshBooks into Wave.
4. HTML5 chartingWe've changed the charts on your dashboard to HTML5. There are several advantages of the new solution:
- You can now mouse over an expense or income range to see the exact dollar amount. Click on it to go to the expense or income details for that time period.
- Charts now work on iPhone and iPad, so you can now use those devices to check your finances. Additional future improvements are still needed, though, before these devices can be used to categorize transactions.
As always, thanks for your continuing feedback. It will help us keep on making Wave better.