It's small business week, and there are celebrations occurring everywhere! Besides the variety of local events happening throughout Canada, there are plenty of small businesses celebrating in their own way, as well as small business bloggers celebrating online.
Wave is taking part in some of these events, including the Small Business Forum which occurred Tuesday (October 18th) and the Financial Technology Show coming up today (October 20th). To continue our celebrations, we've complied this list of awesome blog posts for small business owners. Whether you're planning to launch soon, just starting out, or a seasoned entrepreneur looking to finesse their business practices, we're hoping you'll find some helpful advice below.
Launching your small business
- Top 5 misconceptions about running your own business
- Angels vs VCs: Which is right for you?
- How start-up barriers can help you succeed
- High tech, low tech, any tech: Know your target market
- 7 ways to control chaos in your small business
- Cashflow: The lifeblood of every small business
- A smart brand strategy trumps small business marketing
- How to set performance standards for your startup's new hires
- Get your Canadian business online: Google gives small businesses in Canada free .ca domain, website
- Using social media to market your small business
- Are blogs a meaningful tool for startups and small businesses?
- Ultra effective brand reputation management tactics
- A guide to starting your small business blog