Not too long ago, we got a Facebook message from a lovely lady named Rose. Rose had helped her daughter Camille set up a Wave account for Camille’s small business, and she was loving Wave. We get this kind of message all the time, and we love it— but Rose told us something pretty exciting, her entrepreneur daughter Camille had just turned 7. Even more exciting? This is Camille's second business!
We had to know more about Wave’s youngest serial-entrepreneur, so we asked Camille for an interview to learn more about her business, and to get some advice on how children can get involved in entrepreneurship!
What kind of business do you run?
I run a business that is called Sweet Party Rental. I have 4 inflatable bouncers that customers rent for birthday parties to have fun.
How long have you been in business?
I have been running my business for 8 months.
What is the best thing about being a young entrepreneur?
I like being an entrepreneur because I like dropping the inflatables at birthday parties. I like getting emails and sending emails and invoices.
How did you find out about Wave?
I found Wave because my mom read something about Wave. Then one day she told me about it. I have been using Wave ever since I started my business and I really like it.
What do you want to be when you grow up?
When I grow up I want to be a surgeon.
What advice do you have for other children who want to start businesses?
1) If children want to start a business it is very useful to learn how to write, read and recognize words.
2) Look around and find out what people need or want and then provide a service or a product to make them happy
3) Save money and start small because you never know for sure if your customers will like your business idea.
4) Even if you are a child you have to act professional: for example saying “hello” and “thank you” and “bye” politely,
5) Answer customers’ emails within 24 hours. Be on time and dependable.
Running a business takes hard work and concentration, and good process but it is fun!
The whole team at Wave is inspired by Camille and Sweet Party Rental. This little girl is already doing big things, and we are so excited to see what’s next!
Camille is the entrepreneur behind Sweet Party Rental, and working with her mother Rose they rent amazing inflatable bouncers for parties and events.
If you are under 16 and want to start a Wave account, please ask for your parent’s help and permission first.